Author Topic: A disgrace !  (Read 559 times)

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
A disgrace !
« on: October 12, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »

I AM WRITING to complain in the strongest terms about the willful lack of concern for child and animal welfare that is displayed in the nursery rhyme 'Sing A Song Of Sixpence'. Its author clearly has a twisted mind. Not only are blackbirds brutally tortured by being cooked alive inside a pie but, upon escaping, one of them returns to inflict a dreadful revenge on a poor maid, who is doing little more than completing her domestic chores by hanging clothes out to dry in the garden. Her nose is literally bitten right off by the bird, leaving the poor victim with a dreadful facial disfigurement that will no doubt require years and years of corrective surgery to put right.

It is precisely this sort of gritty and traumatic drama that would not be permitted to grace television screens until after the 9 o'clock watershed; and yet these so-called nursery rhyme writers persistently serve up a diet of savage and graphic content to the under-5s at ANY time of the day, including first thing in the morning - and even while I am eating bread and honey in the parlour.

I would certainly like to see these evil peddlers of violence locked up for good and the key thrown away.

Yours faithfully,

Mary Mary, quite contrary

Youtubepage  chicocolin1