Author Topic: 3 go fishing  (Read 1240 times)

Offline KMG

• View Profile
3 go fishing
« on: September 24, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »

3 of us set off to Lorca TK, B/Barry and me. We went to part of the lake we had not fished for some time.The water
   is so low it was impossible to get near the water from the bank
   So it was back round the lake to our spot that we have been able to fish. I got off to a flyer 5 fish in the first hr. TK
   had I think 2. By noon Barry had 2. He had 2 rods out and when we said we only use one he said you are going to have
   2 rods as well. No we make up 2 rods but only use 1 at a time. A few more trips and her will be OK.
     The after noon was slow but TK was on form and finnished the day with 15, me 10 B.B 2.
   It was good to have Barry on the drive back he dose not go to sleep as TK was a sleep in the back after he had his ice
   cream.
                                                 TIGHT LINES

Offline Peter-K

• View Profile
Re: 3 go fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »
A neighbour asked me if a licence is needed to fish, if so can you cast off the beach?

Offline moorey10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 06:20:54 PM »
It's hard work eating an ice cream lol Good day out through pice and quite haven.👍

Offline KMG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »

PK you do need a licence to fish from the beach. Best go to the Beachcomer bar and see if John is around or could any one can put your neighbour right.

Offline Peter-K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:19:46 PM »
Thanks KMG, I'll pass that info on.

Offline stingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 12:11:51 AM »
I'm no fisherman, but I know you need a licence to fish from the beach which I believe you get
 in Almeria!

Offline carliol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 10:59:17 AM »
Some years ago my late husband was fishing off the beach when the police came along .They gave the Spanish lads tickets , which I presumed were fines as they weren't too pleased, they told us to go off and get a license . After going to the police station , town hall, bank , we ended up at the tourist information in Mojacar Pueblo where the girl there made us an appointment  at the Dept of Fisheries ,that same day . It was not too far from the harbour as I remember.Once there we were told that we had to pay at the bank first ,but the bank was closed .Anyway the kind man agreed to let us fill in the forms but said we would have to go back the next day after paying at the bank.Whilst filling in the forms he noticed that my husband was born on the exact same day as himself ,so he proceeded to show everybody in the office his passport and gave us the license without us paying a penny .That could only happen in Spain ,that's why I love it.

Offline Peter-K

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 07:04:46 PM »
Comment from Carliol: "That could only happen in Spain ,that's why I love it."

A nice story which reminded me of the time years ago when the campsite had a weekly cycle event where we set off for a ride to local towns such as Antas, Turre etc, have a tapas lunch and cycle back. The old bike I had, needed a new rear tyre and someone told me about a shop in Garrucha.
Our next shopping trip took us to find 'La Bici' the cycle shop near Mercadona. I asked the lady for a new tyre which was only 7 euros so I thought I would take two, them being so cheap. she put the two tyres on the counter and I opened my wallet only to find I didn't have enough.
I apologised and said I would take just the one, she realised my predicament and shoved the two tyres toward me plus my ten euro note and said "Pay me tomorrow" I too love Spain.