Author Topic: Future of this forum  (Read 3686 times)

Offline stingkong

• View Profile
Re: Future of this forum
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 08:43:01 AM »
Does the forum have to go just 'cos its under subscribed to, let's face it Chiccos jokes re worth following alone, and if more sitar information was posted, people would know what is going on rather than rely on posters around the site that often fall down, over to you Mr Entertainment manager, and general manager, keep us posted.
If we are given news as it happens, maybe the rumours would decrease!

Offline Rayindex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »
Is another site with information for

Offline kazren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
I would definitely like to see the forum remain, I love looking in to see whats going on in our former home. I do have Facebook, but doesnt mean I want to be friends with everyone on the site on it. I tend to keep it for family

Offline Kenny_Park

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »
I used to contibute to the forum when the need or inspiration arose, but eventually gave it up as it seemed to be a shooting gallery for people to 'snipe' at each other with snide or inane remarks, rather than a forum for intelligent or humourous debate. Most of what I have read on here was enjoyable but the negativity of some contributors spoiled it.

Offline cumbrian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
There is a possibility that if the requirement was that anyone using the forum had to log in then more might be tempted to comment, especially since there are posts which are only available to those who do log in. I believe that a condition for making a posting is that you have to be logged in. In that case guests (who may not have seen all) will have to up their status. That may put people off at that time. there's a bit of laziness in us all!

Offline supapete

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »
I've witnessed many a forum going west on account of software and system shortcomings, plus cost and time, moderatingetc. The age old problem also with forums is the divs who just be a pain bullying.
I, for one, wouldn't even have dreamed of booking onto the site (caravan that is) without the warm response I've had from contributors to this forum.
FACEBOOK!  :-\ . Unsocial media. I had to use it for the benefit of my overseas students who were censored on line but, as soon as I retired I ditched it. I have a life. (I'm not suggesting that facebook subscribers don't, of course ;) ;) )
I fully understand the reason for winding down the forum, pity though it would be. You hombres have been terrific.

Best regards

P.