Author Topic: Soup!!!  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Galty mountain

• View Profile
Soup!!!
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »
With all the Talk about Fish and Chips which i love, one never hears anything about Soup these Days??

ppp

Re: Soup!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
Just say soup in the Spanish language, and your thoughts will change.

Coronation Street, East-Enders, Emmerdale, etc.

Offline chiccomallo

• View Profile
    • http://www.colinspain.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »
The only soup John Lennon would eat was Ham.

Eventually he decided to give pea's a chance.  :-[
http://www.colinspain.com/

Youtubepage  chicocolin1

Offline Galty mountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »
Ever hear a Chinese try to say 'Soup'?. Go on tell how it sounds in Spanish then!!

Offline The Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
Galty,

I met a Guy at a party last night in Mojacar -    who was saying he owned   4  Brothels    in the surrounding area - I will ask what flavours they have if its of any interest  - do you have a special one ????

Having just come out of hospital on Friday I have just started making the  ' Jewish '  Mother's favourite recipe for all ills  Chicken Soup.

One tray of Chicken Bones & off cuts from Mercadona ? 1.25 - these were boiled for 4 hours yesterday - and after letting them go cold -  today all the meat { enough for Soup }  will be removed from the bones to go back into the stock.

Then a tray of Mixed Veg ? 1.05 - will be chopped and added along with chopped  Onion / Mushrooms & Barley  and all cooked for another 3 hours - thicken slightly when done.

Let cooled and then bagged into individual portions - usually about 15 - and frozen to be used as required - all for ? 2.30 and a bit of time.
Recipe for a Long Life.

Breathe In - The Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

Fred   Pitch 92.  626 700 919

ppp

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
Seven hours boiling!!!

There would be no goodness left in the soup after all that time and what a waste of gas.

Kelly has been making her own veg soup for years.

Buy a fresh veg stew pack from Mercadona Superturre, etc ?1, It has all the ingredients needed but you can add a couple of potato's.

Coarsely chop, add an oxo, packet of veg sauce and water. gently boil for 30 mins then mash-up, bag up & freeze.

She uses a liquidizer to it break down, absolutely delicious and extremely cheap. Yum Yum.

Offline cointreau

• voice of reason in the wilderness of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »
wifes looking after her dad for a few weeks, so left to my own devices, gave the frying pan a good hiding for a week then turned to the slow cooker, kilo of diced beef from iceland(good meat) every veg i can get my hands on chopped chunky, cover with gravy, toss in assorted herbs masses of onions lea and perrings sauce hp sauce salt and pepper, top off with sliced potatoes, set on automatic for a day and magic a feast for a king or pauper for at least three days, same trick with spag bog three days grub alternate with stew amazing then a decent stab bag ruby from iceland total costing under ten euros for the week including a nan bread, health and safety warning dipping bread in slow cooker for a quick taster burns your tongue

Offline harry

• Amiable unless proveked
    • View Profile
    • Harry
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
All MOST Interesting, afraid its Microwave time for me nowadays, strangely, the Veg`s etc seem just as nice, as steaming, and certainly better than boiling `em.    Slow Cooker always good , too heavy now though.
Ashamed, have never used the Casa  Oven  EVER !   Ignorance mainly !   ( THINK it is Electric ?)
Harry

Offline The Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
PPP,

Sorry but every good chef should know that to get all the goodness out of Bones / Gristle / Fat and off cuts  - this being the basis of a good stock -  a good long slow boil is required  - and then another to ensure all the Dried Barley & Split peas are cooked and all the flavours intermingle.

I can assure you there is more taste cooking this way than you could ever imagine.

Also as we do not have a Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker or a Liquidizer or Chopper we cook everything such as Soup etc very slow usually the day before needed.   As regards a Microwave ours is only used for defrosting food  !!!!
Recipe for a Long Life.

Offline harry

• View Profile
    • Harry
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »
Quite sure you are absolutely correct,  Gourmet cooking has been around a long time, and is a well established art.   BUT ! when thee gets old ,   quick, cheap, and cheerful,  becomes not only
a good idea, but a necessity, and I admit I was a BIT sceptical of microwaving, as with most people, thinking it was just a modern get out, very happily pleased to say , used with a spot of thought, it does all we want, and quite edible meals can be produced, EVEN with frozen bits and bobs.   AND,  I like you,  never thought that I would ever say THAT !.
Harry

Offline jeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
Blimey Sheriff! How can you get 15 portions?

Offline harry

• View Profile
    • Harry
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
Keeping the Belly small should help ?
Harry

Offline The Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
I make it in a Big,  Big Saucepan.

Everything I make  Lasagne /  Curry /  Chilli Soup / Stews is made big enough to freeze at least half for a later date to save cooking.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:02:41 PM by The Sheriff »
Recipe for a Long Life.

Offline cointreau

• voice of reason in the wilderness of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
Ive noticed all the dogs seem to have disappeared off site all of a sudden, maybe they cannot differentiate between English or Korean stews

Offline The Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »
cointreau,

A bit profound that post - maybe you better explain better for us mere mortals with both feet on the ground ??????
Recipe for a Long Life.